Sunday, June 7, 2020 – coming soon
Sunday, May 31, 2020
How Will You Invest Your Life? – Matthew 16:13-16; Mark 8:34-36
No Next Steps this week
Sunday, May 24, 2020
Taking the Next Steps – 1 Samuel 16 and 17
* This week, be purposeful in living out your faith in your interactions with others.
* Read 1 Samuel 16 and 17 and using David as an example, reflect on the ways God is preparing you for the future.
* Identify one step you can make that will help you place your trust and obedience in God.
Sunday, May 17, 2020
Rivers of Living Water – John 7:37-39
* How has the Holy Spirit helped me to live the Christian life?
* What misconceptions do people today have about Jesus that lead them away from accepting Him as the Son of God? What can I do to help people have a proper understanding of who Jesus is and what they should do with Him?
* As believers we have the amazing privilege of having God the Holy Spirit live within us. What flows out of my life? Do the people around me notice if I am a Christian or not?
* Offer a prayer asking for God’s help to move from standing on the sidelines, to courageously living out my faith.
Sunday, May 10, 2020
Who Is Jesus? – Philippians 2:9-11
• In my relationships with other people, how can I have the attitude of Christ?
• What might happen if I stopped demanding my own rights and started obeying God’s will not matter what?
• This week, I will strive to glorify God with my life and seek ways to give preference to the needs of others.
Sunday, May 3, 2020
Created, not Evolved – Job 38:1-13,18; 40:1-2
• How can the struggles and perseverance of Job help me if I were to actually experience these same things in my life?
• Have I ever been angry at God, but concealed it from everyone around me, including God? Why is it important to be frank and honest with God when I go through periods of doubt or anger?
• Looking at Job 38, how do I see God’s eternal power and divine nature being expressed in creation? When was the last time I considered the heavens, laying on my back to look at and consider the moon and the stars and God’s intricate creation?
Sunday, April 26, 2020
No Other God – Deuteronomy 6:4–5, Exodus 20:2-3; Mark 8:36
• In how much of my life does God have first place? What is the center of my devotion in my “everyday life”?
• What is the basis on which I decide what I will think, say and do and the activities I choose to be involved in? Why?
• Is there anything in life that I don’t do as an expression of my love for God? Is there anything I do without any concern over whether or not it pleases God? When will that change?
Sunday, April 19, 2020
Finding a Solid Center – 2 Timothy 1
• The Apostle Paul states in verse 3 that it is a privilege to pray for Timothy. Make a list of people that I consider it a privilege to pray for and why.
• Paul’s letter to Timothy is a word of encouragement. Write about a time when someone encouraged me in a way that impacted the rest of my life?
• According to verse 7, God did not give us a spirit of fear. What kind of fear is impacting my life right now? Can I commit that fear to God in prayer?
EASTER SUNDAY – April 12, 2020
Pastor Rod: – Where Is He? – Matthew 28:1-15
* The real evidence of the resurrection is a changed life. How has the risen Jesus changed my life?
* How do I want the living Jesus to change my life?
* What change can Jesus bring to my family? Place of work? Our community and world?
Good Friday Service – April 10, 2020
A Lesson from Skull Hill – Luke 23:26-34
Sunday, April 5, 2020 – Palm Sunday
Pastor Rod: A Prayer for Unity – John 17: 1-26
* If this was my final week, what would be included in the prayer for my family and friends? Can I share these concerns, hopes and desires with them this week?
* Loving God helps us love one another. Name one thing I can do this week to deepen my love for God.
* The world sees Jesus in us as we love and serve others. Send an encouraging card, text or email to someone you know that is serving others during this time.
Sunday, March 29, 2020
Betraying Eyes – Mark 14:10-21; 41-46
* What are some things I can do to fix my eyes on Jesus?
* If you had experienced Christ the way Judas had, what would have been the one thing that would have told you He was the Messiah?
* Judas’ life was something we should pay attention to. It isn’t enough just to follow Jesus, you need to have a relationship. How can his story help in your deeper walk with Jesus?
Sunday, March 22, 2020
Room Temperature Christians – Revelation 3:14-22
* Describe the characteristics of a lukewarm faith. What can I do to overcome the pull from our world and keep Jesus Christ as my first love?
* What is my spiritual temperature? When I was growing up, what people were my biggest influencers? How about people in media and culture?
* God is faithful and true; He is personal and reliable. How can these characteristics help fuel my passion for Him and to others about Him?