Redeemer is blessed to distribute Thanksgiving Baskets again this year to families in Clinton County. Referral names are provided to Redeemer by local human service organizations and by members of our congregation. This ministry is designed to provide families a Thanksgiving meal to enjoy at home. Our goal this year is to feed over 100 families! We will provide them with a basket-full of ingredients to prepare a full Thanksgiving meal, including the roasting pan.
You can help by:
- Check the display turkey in the lobby and choose tags for the items you’d like to donate. Place purchased items and in the designated boxes in the lobby.
- Sponsor an entire basket for a family – to do this, grab one of the bookmark tags from the display, shop for the items and return it with the tag attached.
- If you are unable to shop, you may provide a monetary donation.
We will use these gifts toward the purchase of turkeys, baskets, pies and other items needed. Donations may be made in several ways:
- Check or cash. Indicate “Thanksgiving Baskets on your check or envelope and place it in the offering plate.
- Donate through our mobile app or online at www.myredeemer.church by clicking on the “Give Now” button located on the bottom right.
- Use text-to-give by texting 517-731-0518. Indicate the Donation amount [space] Basket.
For example, $5.00 Basket
- Plan to help assemble the baskets on November 24th after the 11:00am service at the DeWitt campus– THIS IS A GREAT FAMILY EVENT!
- Volunteer at the church on Monday, November 25th from 10:00 to 12noon to help distribute or deliver Thanksgiving Baskets to Clinton County families. – Sign up at the display.
Please return donations by Thursday, November 21st
Please remember to pray that the people touched by this ministry feel the love of Jesus being shared with them.
Stuffing (box or bag)
Gravy (jars, please)
Cans of Fruit
Cans of Vegetables
Boxes of Quick Bread
Monetary donations (for turkeys, carrots and frozen pies)