The addition of new baby to our church family, through birth or adoption, is a reason to celebrate! It is also a time for these same families to feel a little overwhelmed with transitions and necessary adjustments. Volunteers sign up ahead of time to provide a hot meal delivered to the family’s home, at a time specified by the recipient. Families often report how touched they are by the thoughtfulness and sunshine that this home-delivered meal represents. Families of new babies are often identified through casual ministry contacts (like Christian Education or Nursery) or parents can self-refer by contacting the church office.
How to Get Involved
- Contact Wendy at 517-669-3430 ext 309 and let her know you would like to receive meals once your little one arrives.
- Notify the coordinator that you would like to be a meal provider.
- Create an account on www.Mealtrain.com
- Sign up for a specific family, date and meal time when the notice is sent out.
- Make or provide your meal and deliver it to the family.