Recycling is one of the simplest ways to serve at Redeemer. It allows us to be good stewards of the environment and benefit others as well. Containers are available in the church lobby for identified items so that they may be re-purposed or recycled.
How to Get Involved
- Turn in used eye glasses. Lions Clubs throughout North America collect and re-purpose these products through the Lions Recycle for Sight program.
- Donate used printer ink cartridges. Empty ink cartridges are collected and turned into Dewitt Township for proper recycling or disposal.
- Collect pop can tabs. Thousands of dollars are raised globally every year through collecting and recycling pop can tabs to benefit Ronald McDonald House(s) where families with hospitalized children can stay.
- Turn in used household batteries. These items are taken to appropriate recycling centers to avoid putting toxic waste and heavy metal elements into landfills where they can leach into groundwater.
- Donate used cell phones. These items are recycled like the batteries mentioned above or repurposed for use by many human service programs.
- Provide unused soaps, shampoos and lotions that you obtain from hotel and motel stays. These items are given to a variety of local shelters and family support programs.