Having encountered and engaged with the love and life of Jesus Christ through worship, Bible reading, prayer, and Life Groups our hearts are forever changed. As God works in us, our motivations and desires in life evolve and we begin to live our lives with an intentional outward focus. For this reason, the next element in the Spiritual Growth Plan focuses on how we express our faith in the world around us. At Redeemer UMC we believe there are three primary ways that we express our faith and trust in Christ: service, generosity, and influence. As we mature in these three areas we move toward a Christ-centered life of faith.
Expressing Faith through Service
- Exploring: Serve somewhere, anywhere.
- Getting Started: Assess your spiritual gifts at a New Member Orientation.
- Going Deeper: Commit to ongoing service based on your gifts (discovered during New Member Orientation)
- Centering on Christ: Live out your calling to be a servant-leader, daily.
Expressing Faith through Generosity
- Exploring: Learn how financial gifts support the Ministry and Mission at Redeemer UMC.
- Getting Started: Budget a specific amount of money to give each week.
- Going Deeper: Commitment to move toward the Biblical standard of tithing 10% of your income to God’s work.
- Centering on Christ: Give the first 10% of all income to God’s work, and be open to more.
Expressing Faith through Influence
- Exploring: Ask friends and neighbors to explore faith with you.
- Getting Started: Articulate your faith story with someone. Invite friends and family to worship with you.
- Going Deeper: Talk about your faith with others in healthy ways.
- Centering on Christ: Mentor others by helping them to articulate their own faith story.