Having encountered God in worship we continue down the path of spiritual growth as we begin to intentionally engage with the love and life of Jesus Christ. At Redeemer UMC, there are three primary ways that we intentionally engage with God. We engage with God through Scripture, prayer, and Life Groups. As we intentionally engage with God in these three spiritual practices we allow God to work in our hearts and lives. As we mature in our prayer life, our engagement with Scripture, and in Christian community our faith and experience of God grow exponentially.
Engaging God in Scripture
- Exploring: Begin reading a daily devotional.
- Getting Started: Read the Gospel of Mark.
- Going Deeper: Read a book like The Divine Mentor by Wayne Cordeiro.
- Centering on Christ: Commit to daily Bible reading and write about it in a Life Journal.
Engaging God in Prayer
- Exploring: Begin and end your day with prayer.
- Getting Started: Pray for God’s guidance and for the needs of others in your life.
- Going Deeper: Set aside intentional time each day to pray.
- Centering on Christ: Spend time daily praying in silence and solitude.
Engaging God in Life Groups
- Exploring: Join a Life Group.
- Getting Started: Take the New Member Orientation Class.
- Going Deeper: Lead a Life Group.
- Centering on Christ: Relaunch a Life Group.