1st – 3rd grade
Studies have shown that between the ages of 3-12 years old is a key time for a person’s faith to form. We want to be very intentional in connecting kids and their friends to Jesus in this critical time of their lives.
One of the best ways to do this is to provide as many “hands on” meaningful activities as possible to appeal to their varied learning styles. Not only have we found that kids learn and retain much more when they’re active, but in Kingdom Quest, they’ll experience a lot of high-energy fun and look forward to coming back!
Here’s what you’ll want to know:
- KQ is held at 9:30 – 10:30 and 11:00 – 12:00 on Sunday mornings, September thru May
- Kids are grouped into small groups and led by adult/high school leaders
- Groups begin the hour in our awesomely-painted multipurpose room where they sing songs, learn the monthly Bible verse, and talk about the current mission project
- After the opening, groups go to workshop rooms where they cook, re-enact Bible stories, explore art, watch movies, play games or learn Bible skills
- Each month focuses on a different Bible story
- 1st and 3rd graders are given a Bible in the fall to use at home
- We run background checks on all our adult Kingdom Quest volunteers
- Parents check in their kids in the multipurpose room at the beginning of the hour and pick them up from their shepherds at the end of the hour
- Kids have the opportunity to bring money in to donate to various mission projects as a way to learn about sharing God’s blessings with others
Want to enroll your child to attend?
You can do this easily by completing our online form
Kingdom Quest Workshops Include:
Playing games like Concentration and Wheel of Knowledge tests the kids’ understanding of biblical facts and concepts in a fun, active way.
Developed specifically for our 3rd graders, Bible Connection provides an opportunity to learn new Bible skills. Through fun games and activities, KQ kids practice looking up verses and becoming familiar with the 66 books of the Bible.
With costumes and props, KQ kids have the opportunity to act out stories in the Bible and ‘be’ the people involved.
Taste of Heaven
Food and kids are always a winning combination and cooking in the kitchen is a big hit with all ages. Holy Spirit Rice Krispie treats, Disciple pizzas and Fruit of the Spirit salad just a few of their creations!
Using a variety of mediums, KQ kids create special projects to enhance their understanding of the story or to share with others outside of our church family.
Reel to Real
KQ kids watch movies and discuss the Bible stories – and just like in the theatre, there’s popcorn to go with the movie!
For more information or to get involved, contact Sue Campbell 669.3430 ext. 306 or firstname.lastname@example.org.